Artists, performers and creatives are encouraged to participate Artober Nashville in a variety of ways.
Be in the Know
- Subscribe to both Metro Arts’ newsletters ArtsBuzz and Arts Alert.
- Follow and interact with Artober Nashville and Metro Arts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Become a community partner! Download the community partner toolkit and attend monthly information meetings.
- Tag Your Events on NowPlayingNashville.com. Professional performers, writers and artists of all genres are invited to post their October 2013 activities on NowPlayingNashville.com, an easy-to-use, free local calendar and information resource. By tagging your event(s) as “Artober” in the primary category during the registration process it becomes an official Artober Nashville event. Metro Arts and NowPlayingNashville.com utilize that calendar to generate content for media announcements, e-newsletters, social media campaigns and other promotional efforts. All events registered on NowPlayingNashville.com will help showcase Nashville’s vibrant arts community and generate more awareness for your art!
- Create a Profile on the Artist Directory. Metro Arts and NowPlayingNashville.com also offer a free Artist Directory. Singers, songwriters, visual artists, poets, performers and musicians are invited to promote their work with bios, photos, social media links, a calendar and more. You can even link your profile to your October events on the official Artober Nashville calendar.
- Attend Artober Nashville events in support of your fellow artists.
- Artists are encouraged to develop “pop-ups”, one-time events that deliver a cultural experience within a neighborhood, plaza or unexpected place. Examples could be orchestrating a flash mob downtown or staging an impromptu performance at a tail-gate party.
- Help promote awareness of and participation in the arts during Artober Nashville by sharing the excitement with your friends, coworkers, family, congregation, social group, and classmates! See the community partner toolkit for tips and tools on helping promote Artober Nashville via social media and more.
- Become a volunteer Online Marketing Correspondent for Artober Nashville this year. Email Metro Arts for details: email@example.com