2015 Signature Events
- Bonnaroo Artworks is a new program inviting composers, artists, poets, “sound artists,” and musicians to create works inspired by Nashville’s public-art collection. Individual pieces will debut at various Artober Nashville events throughout October. Find out more at the mobile website, ExploreNashvilleArt.com.
- Our Town is a public-art project led by visual artist Bryce McCloud. Our Town seeks to engage Nashvillians in a conversation about community, and to participate in art-making. You can find McCloud and his team at the Main Branch of the Nashville Public Library on October 16th and 17th, where he’ll be creating large-scale portraits in the style of a postage-stamp.
- Dabble in printmaking at the second-annual Nashville Print Crawl—a free “scavenger hunt” that promotes collaboration between citizens and local printers. On Saturday, Oct. 17.from 5 to 8 PM, you can experience print-making at seven local print shops along the Crawl. Details at facebook.com/NashvillePrintCrawl.
- Metro Arts’ THRIVE program brings you The Norf Wall Fest, the public is invited to watch a mural be created in real-time under the direction of artist Jamal Jenkins in North Nashville at 817 18th Avenue North. The Norf Wall Fest will also feature poetry, music, food, and other live-arts activities for kids and adults alike.
- In partnership with TEDxNashville, Metro Arts will host TEDx: CREO, a salon-event featuring innovative talks and creative performances that explore how art intersects with race, religion, gender-identity, and social justice in our communities.
Artober on Instagram
Sign-up for our e-newsletter to get updates about Artober